A client diagnosed with acute renal failure from an intrarenal cause should be instructed to:
1) expect blood in the urine.
2) avoid using NSAIDs.
3) increase fluids.
4) maintain a normal activity schedule.
The nurse would expect that a client recovering from a kidney transplant would be prescribed all the following medications EXCEPT:
A client diagnosed with acute renal failure has a magnesium level of
1) Broad, flat T-waves
1)0 mg/dL Which of the following will the nurse most likely assess in this client?
2) ST depression
3) Prolonged QT
4) No clinical signs
After the nurse provides a client diagnosed with acute renal failure with Kayexalate 30 grams by mouth, the client begins to experience frequent loose bowel movements. Which of the following does this client's response indicate to the nurse?
1) The client needs to be treated with insulin and dextrose.
2) The client needs to receive sodium bicarbonate.
3) The client needs an additional dose of Kayexalate.
4) The client is experiencing a response that is indicative of successful treatment.