Quiz 3: A Statistics Refresher
Charles Spearman Is Credited with
Charles Spearman is credited with A) developing a type of correlation coefficient. B) developing a way to predict the accuracy of a test. C) developing factor analysis. D) All of these
Explore answers and all related questions
Which of the following is TRUE of the Pearson r? A) It has a distribution that approximates the tetrachoric r if the data are not linear. B) It is legitimately used only when the two variables are linear. C) Pearson actually had very little to do with its development. D) It can never be larger than the Spearman rho if the data represent two true dichotomies.
To calculate a Pearson r using one of the formulas presented in the text,it is necessary to know A) the standard scores for both variables. B) the standard score for only one variable. C) percentiles for both variables. D) raw scores for each variable.
A correlation coefficient that is significant at the p < .01 level A) has a 99% chance of being accurate. B) could have been expected to occur by chance alone one time or less in 100. C) could have been expected to occur by chance alone 99 times or more in 100. D) accounts for about 1% of the variance.
Explore all questions
How it work
Terms And Conditions
© 2020-2021 Cozyplus FZ LLC. All rights reserved