The HR must screen the environment consider strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats and understand the strategic plans which the organization wants to achieve from this expansion. This screening has a vital role in HR planning.
Assess External internal workforce: After the environmental and strategic analysis the HR assess the workforce both internal external. They have to design the staffing strategies for foreign subsidiary to attract retain the best talent. At the same time they have to abide by the government regulations with regard to staffing workforce.
Compile HR Planning forecasts: HR supply and demand is forecasted and compiled to ascertain the current level, projected outflows, and inflows to accomplish the goals.
Develop HR Plans Actions: Once the data with regard to what they have and what is needed the plans and actions which need to be followed to fulfill the demands is carried out so as to achieve the strategic goals of the organization with expansion in foreign country.
b) The HR must understand the business plans, strategic goals which the firm plans to achieve and design its HR policies accordingly. For example the firm plans to start operations in another country in next 2 months time. So the HR should coordinate with business managers to start working on workforce requirements and plan to get the required workforce with needed skills in right budget at right time. Thus they should integrate and coordinate all HR related strategies according to the business strategy. So the HR must integrate and support the technical, financial and operational plans of the organization.
It can be defined as a tendency of any organization or technology to spread widely around the world. It provides constant communication and integration among all the connected people, businesses, etc. that involve in globalization.
The increased interaction among the individuals or nations was stimulated with the growth in international trade, culture, and ideas.
HR must consider all cultures, legal systems, and business practices in every country of the business' operations. Globalization has made more production available at any place of employment. The product on which current demand raises in other parts of the world, increases production at the required place. This has also opened opportunity for other factories around the world to open. As the operations are internationally HR that include language barriers and different education requirements at those areas.
Due to the changes in business environment, there are several changes evolved in HR functions and it has emerged as a strategic partner in the organization. It has to ensure the organization long term success by implementing the strategies effectively.
The following are the steps that HR professionals can undertake during mergers and acquisitions:
• Analysis of all the operations of both organizations
• Strengths and weakness in the different operations and their impact on merger
• Assessment of work force, legal issues, work patterns etc. in both organizations
• Assist the organization in providing administrative and operational support
• Talent management and retention along with developing communication system in the organization
• Acquiring the details of skill inventory and assessment of their performance
• Identifying and solving the cultural conflicts
• Act as a change agent in organizational change and developing a sustainable culture
• Reinforcing the systems and policies developed during merger
• Minimizing the differences between employees
• Formulation and implementation of strategies to get desired output for both the organizations
HR can act as a change agent in mergers and acquisition to facilitate an effective change. It also acts as an auxiliary service by supporting both the organizations with its strategies. As it is people oriented, it can create a synergy out of the merger by identifying the talent in the organization