Self-discipline defines the capacity of working in an organized and systematic way towards an aim till it is attained. Self-motivation plays an important role in developing self-discipline.
The sacrifices a highly self-disciplined person will have to make as compared to a poorly self-disciplined person are as follows:
• He has to limit the time he devotes towards other activities apart from his professional work.
• Keep work as priority. A self-disciplined person has to ensure that he prioritizes his professional goals at the top.
• Always be self-motivated. A self-disciplined person has to ensure that he is motivated. He should carry out different tasks to keep up his self-motivation.
• Challenges : A highly motivated person should be willing to accept challenges.
• Continuously work towards improving required skills. This enables a self-motivated person to maintain high benchmarks and achieve them.
The two business-related jobs for which a high need for risk taking and thrill seeking would be an advantage are:
- Technical Analyst(Share market)
This job has been considered because people working as a technical analyst in the share market need to take huge risks every day. In case of this job the more the need of risk taking and thrill seeking involved the more chances of success. A person who has high need for risk taking and thrill will be at an advantageous position when working on this job. The person will be at advantage because it is basic requirement for success in such a job. A person with low capacity to handle risks can never succeed because he will never have the confidence to take any.
- Business Analyst (Market and Products)
This is the second example of a job where high need for level of risk and thrill will be an advantage. People working as a business analyst need to forecast the optimal marketing strategies for the products or services of their clients. But there may be situations when their forecast goes wrong. So in such case people with high need of risk and thrill will prove beneficial. This is because such people will enjoy taking risks and thrill.
The career consequences for Monique if she does not become more enthusiastic about her present work assignments can be as follows:
• She would increase the negative feedbacks about herself.
• She may eventually lose her job because of increased negative feedbacks.
• Her career graph will not grow because of lack of enthusiasm.
• She may not get promotions and hikes.
• Colleagues and clients may start disliking her.
• Losing a job for a bad reputation will affect her career in a negative manner.
• For a successful career she needs to like her work as this is what she has chosen for herself.