Web page creation by Microsoft word
When a user wants to create a web page and he does not have more knowledge of HTML tags then Microsoft word should be used for creating the web page because it requires a least knowledge of HTML tags.
HTML documents can be created by using Notepad for windows and Text Edit for Macintosh which allows a quick modification for HTML documents but user must have knowledge of html tags to create an html using notepad.
When user wants to create a web page by Microsoft word then he just has to follow few steps:
1) Start Microsoft Word
2) Create blank document
3) Save this document from save as a web page option.
Therefore, the appropriate word to fill in the blank is Word.
Formulating Search Using Boolean Operators
Consider 1930's Gandhi's Dandi March as an example.
1. Basically, the search engine searches for keywords. Here key words are "Gandhi" and "Dandi March".
2. Suppose user wants to know about participation of Gandhi in Dandi march, then user can use Boolean operator 'AND' and type "Gandhi AND Dandi March". It shows all those sites which contains "Gandhi and Dandi March".
3. Suppose user is not particular about "Gandhi in Dandi March", then user can use Boolean Operator 'OR' and type "Gandhi OR Dandi March". It shows all those sites having "Gandhi or Dandi March or both".
4. Suppose user wants to know only about Dandi March and not about "Gandhi", then user can use the Boolean operator 'NOT' and type "Dandi March NOT Gandhi". It only shows those sites which contains only "Dandi March".
5. If user wants an exact match for what he is looking he can type those in Quotes ("").
6. For more targeted search user can use advanced search option, which provide ways to make the searches more precise.
7. User can use this advanced search option to limit the search to material written in a specific language (or a specific slang in a specific date) or for a specific date.
A cookie is a name-value pair that has been sent by the Website to the Web browser. If a user enters some information on a Website and when the user visits the page again, the message like "Welcome ABC" is displayed. This is possible because the cookies are stored on hard disk of computer.
Some of the uses of cookies are given below:
1) Monitoring path for keeping track of pages.
2) Retaining personal information of a person.
3) Collecting information for presenting ad banners.
Concrete examples of using cookies:
HTTP is a stateless protocol, whenever, user connects to Web page, server assumes it as new visit. Cookies helps server for tracking activity of any user.
Examples of using cookie are given below:
1. Suppose that the browser is used to visit an online music store. Search for the favorite brands, listen to some simple tracks, and put a few albums in the cart. All the records are saved by using the cookies because it helps in tracking activities.
2. Nowadays sports can be watched live on internet on a site called "starsports.com". This site provides a 15 min preview of the sport live, after that it should be subscribed for it to watch continuously without interrupt.
How does that site know that a 15 min preview has been watched by the user and show the message to subscribe?
Well the answer is simple. First time when that website is visited, cookies will be stored in the computer. After 15 min again visit the same website, it will show message to subscribe, because it recognizes the cookies that are there in the computer which were stored earlier.