Below mentioned are the four types of competitors for Levi's jeans:
1) Brand competitor: Calvin Klein
2) Product competitor: Lee's Wrangler
3) Generic competitor: Tommy Hilfiger
4) Total budget competitor: Gap jeans
Travelocity: Below mentioned are the four types of competitors for Travelocity:
1) Brand competitor: Expedia.com
2) Product competitor: TravelNow.com
3) Generic competitor: Orbitz.com
4) Total budget competitors: CheapTickets.com
Newsroom and Formal Actions sections of the Federal Trade Commission's website give information about the latest amendments in the rules and regulations and also about the latest illegal incidents and FTC's response to them. Newsroom section is responsible to keep the site updated with the latest development in rules and regulations.
Formal action section of the FTC's website gives full detail of all the illegal incidents and the FTC's response towards those incidents. This section also provides the judgement provided by the court of law against these illegal actions.
The three latest incidents of illegal activities and FTC's response to those activities are listed below:
1) FTC vs. Company GE : In this case, FTC alleged that Company GE has violated Section 7 of the Clayton Act and Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act when it acquired the aviation operation of Avio S.P.A. FTC initiated an investigation of this proposed acquisition and filed a complaint in the court.
2) FTC vs. NM Inc. : In this case, FTC alleged that the respondent has violated the Federal Trade Commission Act along with the Fur Products Labelling Act. FTC initiated an investigation in this case and provided the copy of the draft of complaint to the respondent. The matter is still in court.
3) FTC vs. JD LLC : FTC alleged that JD has wrongly charged the customers on their cell phone bills. JD agreed to refund the amount to large number of customers and paid an additional $1.2 million to FTC as part of the settlement.
Entity 'P P' operates in an environment of monopolistic competition and its product include green consumer goods like toothbrushes, razors, kitchenware, mixing bowls. and storage containers. The substitutes for these products are traditional alternatives. So, brand promotion should be a major marketing tool for Entity 'P P'. The company should extensively promote its product as environmental-friendly and urge the consumers to use green products more and more.
Entity 'P P' also guarantees that its product has not been tested on animals and that it never uses ingredients that could potential harm consumers. So, Entity 'P P' can also appeal to health conscious people to use its products over traditional alternatives. Product differentiator can be another tool for Entity 'P P' in dealing with competition.
Entity 'P P' pitches that its consumer products lasts for a long time and are artistically designed. So, product differentiation will also help the company in dealing with competition. For price sensitive consumers, Entity 'P P' should try to convince them that its products are competitively priced and are value accretive in relation to their prices.