Telephone survey involves the method of data collection with the help of telephonic interviews. It is one of the most common modes of interview due to the following reasons:
• Time consumption of telephone survey is less.
• Expenses involved in this survey are very less, as it does not require extra cost of travelling or training for specific skills.
• This survey yields good quality of results due to effective control of an interviewer.
• It does not involve any confusion or misunderstanding, as respondents can clear their doubts with the help of an interviewer.
• Even sensitive questions can be handled comfortably by an interviewer over the telephone.
Hence, it can be concluded that telephone survey helps to provide an inexpensive, early and effective result.
Advantages of person-administered surveys over computer- administered surveys are as follows :
• Person administered surveys are more transparent and obtain relevant result because of one-to-one interaction.
• Interviewer can analyze body language of interviewee to determine validity of his responses.
• Personal interviewers facilitate choosing respondents according to specific criteria required to be assessed.
• It facilitates investigation about the topic in depth.
• Responses of interviewee are not influenced by peers.
Online survey is the questionnaire distributed to the respondents over the internet to get the feedback about a particular product or task.
Advantages of online surveys are as mentioned below:
• The Internet based online survey is very fast.
• It is easy for respondent to access and give responses.
• It is cost effective to develop and gather responses.
• It is easy to modify the survey available over internet
• Online survey leads to more reliable responses.
• It is easier to use online survey responses for study and research purposes.